Here Are 3 Tips If You Are Going Into Business For Yourself!




Here Are 3 Tips If You Are Going Into Business For Yourself!

1. It is extremely important to constantly pour back into yourself. I do not care how strong, competitive, or self-motivated you are the mind can only handle so much rejection. You have to be able to handle the reality that for every day that you put 100 percent in you MAY get a 10 percent return.

The most effective strategies I use are these tools:
The Bible- I am a faith-based person therefore I constantly look to my Bible not just for encouragement but for business principle. There is a great deal of content that focuses on leadership and rejection. You can be assured you are not the first nor will you be the last to experience feeling burn out and wanting to throw the towel in. You can find comfort in knowing that from Jesus to Abraham Lincoln, great things came with great opposition and rejection. New things take time for acceptance and perseverance is not a small cost it is a daily mentality. You wake up some days not knowing if you made the right decision starting a small business and yet you are in fact the one God gave the desire to so hang on. He knows the desires of your heart.

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

The next tool is podcasts: These are filled with life testimony of those who started their own business with 24 dollars in the bank and now have a multibillion-dollar business. I highly recommend taking The Enneagram Test. The podcast I follow closely is based on my personal Enneagram number on the "Typology" podcast. It is a little overwhelming hearing the other 2's talk. You can not help but feel like someone is reading your personal diary. It is helpful to hear how others handle things for better or worse. You might have a "Hey I am not that bad" moment or an "Ah-ha" moment.

2. Value Your Time. You can find that you are spending a great deal of energy grooming a client that could have told you from the beginning they are not interested. Don't beat around the bush.
My recipe for getting to the point:
15-20 seconds: 1 liner opening to what you do. I HIGHLY recommend this is an analogy.
10-20 Seconds: Call to action
30 Seconds: Take the wheel and be the driver or decide to be the passenger but do not jump back and forth. You can either be the DRIVER and by doing so you make concrete statements "Thursday at 2pm I would like to talk more about where you are financially, would that be reasonable?"
You can be the PASSENGER which means you LISTEN after about 45 seconds you pivot to "I have a solution for that, I would like to discuss it with you Thursday at 2pm, would that be unreasonable?"
Always get back to your call to action. If they are busy or in the middle of something when you call, immediately text them your Calendly link while you are on the phone with them so they can see you are serious about setting an appointment. Then if they cancel ask a WHAT question. "Can I ask you what is keeping you from setting an appointment?" This will get you a definite answer and no longer waste your time.

3. Do Not Apologize. you must hear this a lot but probably because it is the most common mistake. For some reason, people think sounding like a desperate beggar is somehow more courteous. In actuality, it is wasting my time and not giving me any confidence in what you do.
"I am sorry to bother you, I know you must be busy." Dude. Just cut to the chase. 

For a 30 minute consultation to find out where your pitfalls are in your phone voice or closing arguments are, schedule here: https://calendly.com/clvplanners

-Izzy Gentry
clvplanners.com


Comments

Popular Posts